+ Why should I hire a professional organizer?
- It’s easy to get stuck and overwhelmed in a cluttered, disorganized home. A fresh perspective – and some professional know-how – helps you get the chaos under control! Decluttering and organizing your home can and will have drastic, positive effects on your life. When you create space in your physical area, you’re able to concentrate better, think more clearly, and make decisions more easily. Plus, we make the process fun!
+ What can I expect from an organizing session?
- Every organizing session is a little different, but you can definitely expect a lot of movement! Once your organizer has learned about your goals for your space, she will sort, categorize, and shift your belongings to start setting it up for optimal functionality. This usually involves discerning what should stay and what should go – whether that means moving certain items to a more appropriate location in your home, or helping you decide to let go of items that no longer serve you. Your organizer may also bring in carefully chosen products that boost the functionality of your space. By the end of your organizing session(s), we'll have created the space of your dreams!
+ What is included in Moxie Space’s service?
- We start with a free consultation to assess your space and learn more about your goals and needs. Our organizers work in 3-hour sessions to help you declutter and organize based on your habits and routines – that way, it’s much easier for you to maintain your space moving forward! We will also shop for any organizing products you might need from The Container Store and return items we don’t use. Plus, we will drop off donation items, such as clothing, kitchenware, and electronics. Our #1 goal is always to help you get and stay organized!
+ How long does your organizing service take?
- The short answer: it varies! A small area like a pantry may take only one session (3 hours), while a whole house might take five sessions or more. We can customize a package for you based on your needs.
+ Should I clean my house before the consultation/my first session?
- It’s not necessary to clean before your organizer arrives. In fact, it’s better if you don’t – that way, we can get a good idea of the natural state of your space and better serve you during your consultation and organizing sessions.
+ Do I need to be at home and/or work directly with the organizer during my sessions?
- That’s up to you! We are happy to work with you during sessions or do the work for you. Some clients choose to stay home while we’re working, while others leave to run errands or pick up their kids. It depends entirely on what you feel comfortable with.
+ What if the organizing session reveals the need for other services, such as cleaning or small repairs?
- Not a problem! We have a network of trusted vendors that we can recommend for services we don’t provide, such as handyman work, closet installation, cleaning services, design consulting, and more.
+ Is my privacy protected?
- Absolutely. We value your privacy and confidentiality (it’s one of our core values!). That’s why Moxie Space is a registered LLC and has every client sign a contract, which binds both parties to comply lawfully, abide by the terms of the agreement, and protect any personal information that may arise during organizing sessions. We also carry insurance and the company is bonded, and all organizers undergo a background check before working for Moxie Space.
+ Are your organizers insured?
- Yes. Each Moxie Space organizer is required to maintain a current liability policy with coverage of up to $1 million.
+ What’s your cancellation policy?
- Any sessions canceled within 24 hours of the scheduled service are subject to a $100 fee at the organizer’s discretion. We are happy to reschedule sessions when necessary. Please note we do not offer refunds, but once purchased your sessions never expire!